Smoking and eating homemade weed brownies used to be the only accessible ways to enjoy marijuana. Now, cannabis dispensaries present so many options that it can be overwhelming. Use this guide to compare smoking, vaping, and edibles so you can choose the method that works best for you.
Different Ways To Enjoy Weed
Weed vaping and eating edibles are popular ways to consume cannabis these days in addition to classically smoking.
Smoking is a form of inhalation. When you light a joint or pipe, the heat combusts the ground plant matter, creating smoke that you inhale into your lungs. Your bloodstream absorbs active cannabinoids, providing effects to your brain within minutes.
Vaping is another form of inhalation. However, instead of combusting plant material, vapes use lower temperatures to vaporize it. When it comes to how to vape weed, it’s very simple — when you breathe in the vapor, cannabinoids enter your bloodstream through your lungs. Like smoking, it only takes a few minutes to feel the effects of vaping.
Edibles are cannabis-infused products that you ingest. Today, dispensaries have numerous options available such as baked goods, chocolates, candies, drinks, and capsules or tablets.
With edibles, cannabinoids travel through your digestive system to your liver, where they metabolize to enter your bloodstream. It typically takes 45 minutes to two hours to feel any effects.
Smoking vs. Vaping vs. Edibles: Core Differences
While smoking, vaping, and eating edibles all allow you to enjoy the benefits of weed, there are differences to keep in mind:
- Length of high. Effects produced by inhalation typically last two to four hours. Edibles remain in your system longer, so the high can last anywhere from six to 12 hours.
- Potential negative health effects of weed vape versus smoking versus edibles. Combustion produces tar and carcinogens, which you may inhale when you smoke. Vaping doesn’t produce these products, which can make it easier on the lungs. Edibles offer an alternative to inhalation, but some edibles can be high in calories or contain allergens like dairy or eggs.
- Dosing. Edibles allow for more accurate dosing than smoking or vaping.
Quick Tips for Choosing the Right Weed Consumption Method
Keep these tips in mind when dabbling:
- Know your tolerance. Start with a low dose and gradually increase it to find what works best for you. Be patient and give yourself time before trying a second dose to avoid flooding your system with too much THC.
- Consider your preferences. Are you concerned about your lung health? How quickly do you want to feel the effects? Do you want to be discreet? These preferences can guide your consumption method.
- Speak with a pro. Knowledgeable budtenders at Far & Dotter can offer expert guidance and recommendations.
Find the Best Cannabis Products for You at Far & Dotter
Far & Dotter offers plenty of high-quality flowers, vapes, edibles, and more to suit your unique needs and preferred method of cannabis consumption. Check out our menu online or visit us in person today!