New Year’s is an exciting time. For many, January 1st represents an opportunity for fresh beginnings. It’s a chance to make positive changes and look forward to the future with hope and optimism.
There are numerous ways to celebrate the arrival of a new year. Lots of people host or attend parties. Others head out to enjoy a night on the town. Some prefer to stay in and keep things low-key. Many celebrations involve a champagne toast at midnight.
Are you looking to do something a bit different this time around? Why not incorporate a little cannabis into your festivities? Here, we have four cannabis New Year celebration ideas to help you kick off your new year right.
1. Host a Cannabis-Themed Party
Incorporating cannabis into your New Year’s party can be a great way to elevate the evening to new heights and leave your guests buzzing with excitement. Plus, the options are practically limitless. Here are a few cannabis party ideas to get you started:
- Plan for weed games. Consider popular cannabis-themed games like Weed Jenga or Musical Bong. You could also invest in board or card games such as Think Like a Stoner, Take a Hit, or Ganjaland.
- Bake New Year’s treats. Stock your snack table with homemade cannabis-infused goodies, such as appetizers, dips, and desserts. You could also make it a potluck and ask your guests to bring their favorite infused foods to share.
- Consider your music. Build a catchy cannabis-centric playlist with hits from the likes of Jimi Hendrix, Kid Kudi, and Rick James.
2. Boost Your Night Out With Edibles
Edibles are a perfect option for those heading out for the evening. They’re portable and incredibly discreet. You can easily take a gummy or pop a square of chocolate without drawing attention to yourself.
For the best New Year’s experience, choose energizing edibles rather than ones that might leave you couch-locked or zoned out in a corner. Take your first dose early, too. Remember, edibles can take an hour or two to kick in.
Finally, plan a safe way to get home, such as Uber or a designated driver.
3. Plan a Romantic Evening With Your Partner
For couples, New Year’s Eve can be one of the most romantic nights of the year. It’s an opportunity to spend time with the one you love, reflect on what makes your relationship wonderful, and look forward to the year ahead together. The addition of cannabis can help you both relax and connect on a deeper level.
Here are a few ideas to spice up a romantic cannabis New Year’s Eve:
- Make a cannabis-infused dinner or dessert together.
- Grab some art supplies, enjoy a creative or productive strain, and see where your imaginations take you.
- Grab a blanket, bundle up if it’s cold out, and lay under the stars together.
4. Take a Weed Trip
Is traveling more on your list of New Year’s resolutions? Incorporate cannabis into your plans with a trip to a weed-friendly location. When choosing an area, look at activities such as visiting dispensaries, cannabis tours, and cannabis spa treatments. Research different dispensaries and see what they have to offer.
Before you go, make sure you familiarize yourself with local cannabis laws and regulations.
Kick Off the New Year With Far & Dotter
If you’re looking to incorporate weed into your New Year’s festivities, Far & Dotter has you covered. With a wide selection of the highest quality cannabis products — from fresh flowers and vapes to edibles and concentrates — you’re sure to find just what you need to make a great night even better.
And if you need additional tips on how to ring in the new year with cannabis, our experienced budtenders will be more than happy to help. With the right products, you can get your new year off to a great start!